How to Embroider Patches
Today’s post comes from our Embroidery Manager, Nancy. In this post we quickly go over how to make embroidered patches using your ZSK or any other embroidery machine!
- Embroidery Machine
- Hoop the Aqua Magic stabilizer.
- Stitch a line to show the placement of the patch material. You can pre-cut the material or cut it by hand after the tack down stitch has been stitched.
- Place the patch material being careful to align it with the placement stitch.
- Stitch the tack down stitch that will hold the patch material in place. It works best to use a zig-zag stitch. If you choose to cut it by hand, use a running stitch to define the edge and cut the excess material away as close to the stitched line as possible.
- Run the patch design. The main decorative stitches should be run before the online.
- Stitch the satin-stitch border. For underlay, it works best to use edge-walk underlay and double zig-zag to give the border extra body.
- Remove the patch from the hoop and remove excess stabilizer by rinsing it or applying water to the outside edge of the border satin stitch.